This shop/post has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC., The Coca-Cola® Company, and NABISCO all opinions are mine alone. #TheWinningBasket #CollectiveBias
Who’s looking forward to The Big Tournament in April? If you’re like me, you’ll want something delicious to snack on and I’ve got you covered with this super cheesy Traveling Cheddar Chipotle Chili with three cheeses. I know the recipe name is a mouthful, but between the ingredients and the TRISCUIT® Crackers I chose, you’ll get a mouthful of flavor in every bite.
This will be my oldest sons last The Big Tournament game at home with us as a family so this year it’s extra special. He’s going off to college in the fall so game days around here will be a little different. This year I decided to try a new twist on an old favorite. We usually have some sort of nachos and chip but I wanted something I could prep ahead and just heat up the morning of the game.
I did some searching on the web to see how I could get my love of cheese and spice in this dish, plus some crunch and this Traveling Cheddar Chipotle Chili recipe is what I came up with. This is a stress-free make ahead topping option that pairs perfectly with TRISCUIT® ROSEMARY and olive oil flavored Crackers (2/$5) and ice-cold glass Coca-Cola® Classic. I found the ROSEMARY and olive oil flavored TRISCUIT® Crackers at Target along with the Coca-Cola® Classic both 25% off with this Cartwheel offer.
And because I can’t just go in Target and buy what I went for, I also picked up the super cute mini crock pot for this recipe. This size is perfect and a must have if you make a lot of crockpot recipes like this. When you head to Target for the ingredients for the recipe, don’t forget to add the 25% off using the Cartwheel offer Target app.
Traveling Cheddar Chipotle Chili
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tbs of taco seasoning homemade recipe
- 8 oz. bag of triple cheddar cheese (white, mild and sharp)
- 1 14 oz. can of black beans (rinsed)
- 1 10 oz. can of diced fire roasted tomatoes and chili's
- 2 tbs of flour
- 1 -1/4 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- NABISCO TRISCUIT Crackers
- optional garnish: parsley
- Heat the oil in a medium fry pan on medium heat. Add in the ground meat and brown. Crumble to ground meat with a spatula as it cooks so clumps don't form and so that each piece cooks through. The meat is done when you no longer see pink.
- Turn the pan on low heat. Now sprinkle in the taco seasoning 1/4 cup of water and stir. Now reserve 1 tablespoon of beans and add the remaining beans, diced fire roasted tomatoes and chili's to the pot.
- Heat a sauce pan on medium heat and add in the butter. Once the butter is melted, sprinkle in the 2 tbs of flour. Stir in the flour until it forms a paste with the butter.
- Turn the pan on low heat and begins pouring in the milk 1/4 cup at a time.
- Using a disk, combine the mils, butter and flour until it is smooth.
- Next remove the pan from the heat and add in 6 oz of the cheese string until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now, pour the cheese mixture over the chili, mix and add it all into a crock pot.
- Top with the remaining 2 oz. of cheese and use the remaining black beans to create a faux basketball weave.
- Cook this for one hour on high in your crockpot until melted and bubbly.
Once the dish was hot and bubbly, I spooned some on top of the TRISCUIT® ROSEMARY and olive oil flavored cracker. I purposely chose this flavor and cracker for this recipe. The weave pattern on the cracker gave the melted cheese sauce a place to settle and the flavor made the topping even more yummy. I also felt like the thickness of the crackers would keep them from becoming soggy since they’d be topped with the cheesy topping. You could always go a different route, but the combination were delicious. So there you have my Traveling Cheddar Chipotle Chili recipe. I’d love for you to let me know how you enjoyed this recipe in the comments below.
And again, when you head to Target for the ingredients for the recipe, don’t forget to add the 25% off using the Cartwheel offer Target app.