Sweet Vanilla Milkshake Protein Pancakes are the perfect high protein, light and fluffy breakfast option for busy mamas. This recipe can be made up to two days in advance and is perfect for those of us who want yummy breakfast without the heavy junk. This recipe is easy and perfect pre or post workout, but the simplicity of the recipe makes these Sweet Vanilla Milkshake Protein Pancakes a great idea anytime of the day.
For this recipe, I swap out flour with protein powder. This along with the other light ingredients is what will give these pancakes that soft, sweet flavor. Ever since I having protein pancakes I actually prefer them over traditional pancakes made with flour. In fact these are easier to make in my opinion. I pop everything into my blender cup and the batter is done. Protein is also a better option pre and post workout since it provides the building blocks my body needs. Not just that, but because I have a high metabolism the only way I can keep muscle on is by eating high protein meals.
- 2 scoops of protein powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 large banana (ripe is best)
- 1/4 tsp. of cinamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. of olive oil
- In a blender or food processor, combine all of the ingredients and mix until everything is well blended.
- Heat a skillet with 2 tbs. of olive oil on medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of mixture onto the skillet to create 3 1/2 - 4 inch round pancakes.
- Cook for 70-90 seconds per side or until golden brown.
- Eat immediately or place in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
- Toppings: Peanut butter, blueberries and diced strawberries.
PIN FOR LATER