This post is sponsored by the Back to School promotion at Publix. The opinions and text are all mine.
Whether your kids will be at school face to face or learning virtually from home, you want to start thinking about what they’ll eat for lunch. My kids have attended public school, homeschool and virtual school so when it comes to lunch tips, I have some for every family. I am excited to share some of my favorite lunch products from the Back to School promotion that starts on August 29, 2020. You can see the full list of items in the digital Extra Savings flyer online at Publix.com or in-store at the customer service desk. When shopping, look for the at-shelf signs located throughout the store which highlight the savings during the promotion.
Publix is one of my favorite grocery stores to shop at because they offer everyday staples we need for the lunch week, but also some unique products that make our meals extra special. Products with new textures, flavors, and ingredients make familiar lunches exciting.
One in particular is this easy Pasta Garden Salad I love to make while the weather is still warm. Those first weeks back to school are when I cram in my last chance to make summer salads before the cool temperatures of the fall roll in.
Fresh cucumbers, peppers and basil from the Publix produce section or your garden is what lends this salad to being so easy to make. The refreshing crunchy cucumber, bold sweet pepper and fragrant basil give this salad its first layer of flavor, but what takes the flavor over the top is the Chosen Foods Pure Avocado Oil Ranch Dressing & Marinade. I tried this salad dressing because of the promotion and because I was looking for a new dressing with better ingredients. I am so glad I bought this. I literally hooked now because it’s so good. The first ingredient is avocado oil and every ingredient that follows are ones I recognize. You can pour a little on top of the salad in the morning for away from in school lunches or just add it before eating if enjoying this salad at home.
Both of my youngest kids will be at home for school this fall, but I still like to organize their lunches! I use meal prep containers filled with an entree, and two snacks on the side for the perfect lunch!
Lunch packing tips
- Invest in meal prep containers with sections in them. Sections make it easier to keep foods from touching and prevent kids from loading up on snacks.
- Always wash lunch containers the same day the food is eaten to prevent staining. At the end of the day fill the sink with hot water, add a little Seventh Generation dish soap and wash all of your lunch containers at one time. Seventh Generation dish soap is part of the Back to School promotion at Publix.
- Pull out all of the entrees and snacks at one time and set up a lunch packing station on Sunday night. Everyone can pick two snacks to go with their entree. Right now I’m loving the Kii Naturals Crisps from the promotion at Publix. These are super crunchy with a hint of sweetness.
- Designate a shelf or drawer in the fridge to organize filled meal prep containers for the week.
- Shop the Publix weekly sales to make it easier to plan meals on a budget for your back to school lunchtime needs.
It’s always a pleasure shopping at Publix and sharing sneak peeks of what’s going on in my kitchen. I hope you enjoy these back to school lunch tips and the Pasta Garden Salad recipe.
If you make it and share it online tag @apronsandstilletos so I can see it. As you plan your back to school meals make sure to check out the Publix sale. You can see the full list of items in the digital Extra Savings flyer online at Publix.com.