This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cool Foods at Publix. The opinions and text are all mine.
I think I’m going to ride the charcuterie board train until the wheels fall off, because who doesn’t love an amazing charcuterie board? Charcuterie (pronounced “shahr-ku-tuh-ree”) is the act of assembling meats, usually cured, on some sort of board, typically wood. Many people use the term charcuterie board even when there is no meat present.
I am “many people.”
“Many people” is me.
I call any board I create on a piece of wood a charcuterie board whether it includes meat or not, thus the reason I titled this post, “Date Night in Dessert Charcuterie Board“. I couldn’t help myself y’all. I saw so many yummy dessert items that are part of the Publix “Cool Foods” sale, I just had to do this.
The Publix “Cool Foods” sale items that instantly caught my eye were The Cheesecake Factory at Home Grand Cheesecake Selection ($17.59 reg. $19.99) and the Coolhaus Ice Cream (2/$8). I’ve enjoyed all the new “elevated ingredient” ice creams coming to market lately and I definitely give these a thumbs up.
These desserts are just two of the eighteen items included in the Publix “Cool Foods” promotion, so I’m linking to the (full list here) for you or you can look for the “Cool Foods” flyer at your local Publix store. The “Cool Foods” sale at Publix will run from 10/12/19 to 10/25/19 giving you plenty of time to grab the items you want.
For my Dessert Charcuterie Board I bought strawberries, melting chocolate, The Cheesecake Factory at Home Grand Cheesecake Selection, and two Coolhaus Ice Cream pints in the flavors Dirty Mint Chip and Farmers Market Strawberry Cheesecake. Both of these ice cream flavors have elevated ingredients like real mint leaves and sweet, creamy mascarpone cheese. I’ve loved mint and chocolate chip flavored ice cream since I was a kid and have never had it with real mint leaves.
How to Organize your Date Night In Dessert Charcuterie Board
1. Decide what desserts you will serve for your date night in. What you serve will determine the size of the board you’ll need to use. (Go here) to get some ideas for which dessert items you want to get during the “Cool Foods” sale at Publix. With the sale I was able to get some of my favorite premium desserts.
2. Choose a medium or large cutting board, platter or serving tray to arrange the desserts on.
3. Arrange your desserts until you are satisfied.
How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Wash and dry the strawberries.
- Group them by size. I like to dip and use similar sized strawberries for this recipe.
- Measure out desired toppings into small bowls (sprinkles, coconut, etc.).
- Line a flat baking sheet with parchment paper to place the dipped strawberries on.
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Dip the strawberries in melted chocolate.
- Dip the strawberries in the desired toppings.
- Lay the strawberries on a prepared baking sheet and place them in the fridge for 30 minutes until the chocolate has set.
How to Store Chocolate Covered Strawberries
You can store your chocolate covered strawberries in the refrigerator uncovered on the day you make them. If you do not plan to use them on the same day, store them in an airtight container in a single layer for up to two days. I wouldn’t store them any longer than that as the chocolate will begin to change composition. This is a dessert best made and enjoyed in the same day.
Any time I can plan a date night with Germaine I’m game. We just celebrated 18 years of marriage and that longevity isn’t by accident. Simple date nights where we connect and talk have played a huge part in our closeness. If you have some tried and true marriage tips share them in the comments.