Since becoming a vegetarian I’ve tasted so many new meals I wouldn’t have otherwise tried if meat were still a large part of my diet.
Since I was making tomato soup I decided to make a hearty bread recipe to pair with it and came up with the “Vegetarian Friendly” Double Cheese Bread.
- Store bought or homemade hummus.
- Fresh basil leaves.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- French Bread
This recipe is really very simple to make and is oh-so-tasty!!
1. Start by slicing your french bread in half lengthwise and then pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Next you’ll want to finely chop around 10 of your fresh basil leaves and mix it in with about 1/2 cup of hummus.
3. Then slather on your french bread how little or how much Hummus you’d like.
could even use a Hummus flavored with garlic, olives or red pepper.
Those are some of my favorites but when I made this I only had plain
4. Once your bread is nice and coated, Sprinkle on how little of how much cheese you want.
This is your bread so make it how you like it.
I happen to love cheese so I probably ended up with around 1/2 a cup on each side.
5. Once you’ve topped your bread with all of the yummy ingredients, pop it in the oven on 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the bread is crusty and the cheese melted.
Don’t bother waiting for it to cool. This bread is like pizza, best eaten while hot!!!
You’ll love to goo-ey cheesy-ness of this bread and the flavor-full-ness from the hummus and basil.
While I absolutely love this recipe, I plan to experiment with some other variations over the next few months.