During the summer my brother and I need to eat and since mama isn’t going to cook everything we have to feed ourselves. Many parents work during the summer which means sometimes my brother and I have to make our own lunch. I wanted to try out an easy recipe I had never made before using ingredients I had available which included tuna.
Tuna is an easy to use food choice and it’s healthy but I was tired of regular old tuna sandwiches so I thought I’d try something new and looked up different recipes for tuna patties. I had to find something that included ingredients I had at the time which meant I couldn’t use something that had lemon zest or lemon juice. Also I had to find something that didn’t include hot sauce being that I don’t like the taste of it but I was sure I wanted something hot, hence the Cayenne pepper. This recipe only takes about 10 minutes to complete and it makes eight patties!
- 2 cans tuna (5 to 6 ounce cans)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 raw egg
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (for the pan)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the tuna, fresh parsley, salt, black pepper, mildly beaten eggs, and Cayenne pepper together until fully combined. When finished mixing, mold the mixture into even balls and flatten to shape of patty.
- In a medium sized frying pan, drizzle 2 Tbsp of olive oil on the bottom of the pan and turn the eye on medium heat. After the pan heats, place the shaped patties onto the pan and let cook for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot and enjoy!