This week is starting off so crazy y’all! Today was my first day back in the gym in about four weeks. I’ve been sick with some kind of respiratory virus that had me on strict bed rest through the holidays. I have a ton of work to do, three recipes I want to share with y’all this month and I’m collaborating with some amazing bloggers on an “organization inspiration link up” for this month.
I feel like I’m so behind on life right now and when I’m feeling like this my first inclination is to have a caffeinated breakfast beverage and work through lunch. The thing about doing that is I end up feeling sluggish, irritable and hungry by dinner time. I want to get this week off to a good start so instead of filling my body with empty calories, I picked up the LEAN CUISINE® Marketplace Spicy Penne Arrabbiata I’ve been wanting to try along with a few other flavors from Target. I also grabbed a small cauliflower because I’ve been craving cauliflower rice lately and thought it would be a great time to share the recipe with you.
The fact that the meals have great ingredients won me over, but what sealed the deal was the amazing flavors. I haven’t tried them all but I absolutely love the LEAN CUISINE® Marketplace Pomegranate Chicken which has tender white meat chicken strips, seasoned green beans and yellow carrots in pomegranate sauce. My newest favorite is the LEAN CUISINE® Marketplace Spicy Penne Arrabbiata that tastes very similar to my recipe and not like some cheap frozen dinner. If you’ve never had a Lean Cusine Marketplace meal you have to try them. When I had the Lean Cuisine Spicy Penne Arrabbiata I paired it with a fresh and flavorful side Herbed Cauliflower rice. It’s fresh, easy to make and ready by the time your Spicy Penne Arrabbiata is hot.
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of dried cilantro
1. Cut 1/3 of the cauliflower into chunks and process the cauliflower in the food processor until it’s crumbly.
2. Add olive oil and cilantro to a large pan over medium heat.
3. Add the garlic, cauliflower rice, salt to taste and lime juice.
4. Cook for 8 minutes, until cauliflower rice, is tender. While the cauliflower rice is cooking, heat the Lean Cuisine Spicy Penne Arrabbiata according to the instructions on the box.
5. Plate the cauliflower rice and spoon the Lean Cuisine Spicy Penne Arrabbiata on top and serve hot.