I’m not gonna lie…I’m not a die hard football fan. I’m just a wife who supports her football loving family by creating fun football inspired meals during football season.
I love creating fun new recipes for my family and sharing them with you on the blog. This week I tried out an easy sour cream and cheddar cheese dip recipe that will be a staple for us this football season.
What I love about it is the ease to make. You already know, I don’t like complicated recipes, so trust that this one is super easy to make.
Sour Cream and Cheddar Cheese Dip Tailgate Recipe
Pre Time: 15 mins | Servings: 6
- 1 cup of Wise Sour Cream and Cheddar Chips
- 8 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- slice of white cheese (provolone, munster, etc.)
1. In a small bowl, combine the first three and mix well.
2. Next, crush up about one cup of Wise Sour Cream and Cheddar Chips until crumby. You can put them in a ziplock and crush with a mallet.
3. Dump the cheese mix onto plastic wrap and begin molding into the shop of a football.
4. Pour the Wise Sour Cream and Cheddar Chips until crumbs over the cheese football and begin moving the crumbs around until the ball is fully coated.
5. Create four strips of cheese from your white cheese to act as the laces on a football.
You can serve this right away or refrigerate for up to 72 hours.
I served mine with extra Wise Sour Cream and Cheddar Chips, Coca-Cola™ and watermelon-strawberry Powerade purchased from the Family Dollar display below.