I am heavily reliant on my headphones and have gone through about four pair before settling in on these two.
I use headphones everyday for up to five hours so having a reliable pair that will meet my needs is important to me.
After using a few in low to mid price ranges I’ve found that you get what you pay for. When you go cheap you get cheap quality in terms of sound and product construction.
Why two pair of heaphones?
Each pair serves a different function.
The LG’s are my work headphones. They are primarily for communication and allows me to:
- Talk hands free while driving.
- Take calls even when I’m not in arms reach of my phone with it’s wireless/bluetooth capability.
- Have a a lighter pair of headphones to use when I’m running.
The Sol Republic’s are my play headphones. They are primarily for listening to music during workouts and provide:
- Great sound quality (the base is cray-cray).
- Large cushions that surround the ear and block out external noise.
- On cord remote and microphone that allows me to move between songs or answer calls without having to use my phone.
Of these two I am blown away the most by the Sol Republic’s Tracks because the
headphones are interchangeable. I can swap out headbands, the cables, and detachable drivers for ones that fit my personal style.
Part of my personality and what motivates me to workout is finding workout gear in my favorite colors which are pink and purple. I’ll definitely be on the lookout for a way to get the headband in pink and purple.