My morning beauty routine and the products I shopped for has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CeraVeSkincare #CollectiveBias
I love hopping on Periscope at 9 a.m. and connecting with you ladies, but I have to admit the beauty struggle is real.
Some days, I want to just scope in my sleep bonnet and bathrobe. If you notice, which I don’t think you have, I haven’t been wearing make-up on my morning scopes. I’m sure you haven’t noticed since many of you still comment on how great my skin looks and that’s in part to genes and my makeup-less facial routine.
I’m a busy wife, momma and entrepreneur and my goal as a online presence is to inspire you. Part of that is by finding practical ways to be awesome in all of those roles while still having balance.
To accomplish that goal and inspire you to take a few moments to pamper yourself each morning, I’m sharing my pre-Periscope morning beauty routine. I’ll show you how I love on my skin and always look well put together for my scopes. This is the routine I complete prior to scoping and it makes getting on camera fun.
Part of what keep my skin looking healthy are the products I use. I have a budget for quality face care products which I replenish about every three months.
With the hot weather here in the south, I use a products that provide deep cleaning and moisturizing effectiveness.
I need to make sure the products I use will nourish my skin from the inside out and protect my skin from the sun. To accomplish the task I use CeraVe through the spring and summer months.
- CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
- CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion
- CeraVe Sunscreen Face Lotion SPF 50
CeraVe is right on the beauty aisle at Walmart, so no need to go to any specialty stores. There are five reasons why these are great options for my skin and possibly yours.
One…CeraVe helps replenish the vital ceramides healthy skin needs to retain moisture.
Two…CeraVe products are non-irritating and fragrance-free. Most are also non-comedogenic or pore blocking which leads to blackheads.
Three…CeraVe cleansers remove dirt, oil and makeup so there’s no need for using make-up removers prior to facial cleansing.
Four…the moisturizing lotions provides SPF sun protection which is necessary to protecting the skin during hotter months.
And five…the first three products I listed are on Rollback for $9.97 until 5/9/2016 plus there’s a $2 off coupon here making some products only $7.97 each.
My Pre-Periscope Morning Routine
I’ve learned to keep my routine simple. The simpler, the more I can focus on connecting with you on camera early in the mornings.
My Clothing & Accesories
My outfits usually consist of a tank top and lounge pants. I have a multitude of tank tops in white, black and gray which I rotate through.
To keep my on camera uniform from getting boring, I rotate through several earrings and necklaces to add a little bit of flare.
I pick my clothes and jewelry the night before my scopes to make early morning scopes easy to film.
I start my day by getting dressed in my tank and lounge pants, then I prep my skin.
My Fresh Face & Smooth Skin
I clean my face every morning using a facial cleanser and then I moisturize. After that I fix my hair and put on my jewelry.
Pre-Periscope Beauty Routine
1. To start, I wash my hands. I try not to ever touch my face unless my hands are clean which is pretty hard. Then I dampen my face with a wet cloth and gently massage the Foaming Facial Cleanser onto my face and neck using my finger tips.
2. Next, I rinse my face with cool water and allow it to air dry for a few seconds. Once my face is dry I apply a pea sized amount of CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion or CeraVe Sunscreen Face Lotion SPF 50. Which one I use depends on whether I’ll be out in the sun or indoors most of the day.
3. Next, I moisturize my hands with CeraVe Moisturizing Cream and my lips with some gloss. I always keep a necklace and earrings in my office to throw on before hitting “start broadcast” on Periscope.
That’s my routine prior to getting on Periscope. So for all of you who have been thinking it takes a lot of time to get ready for a scope, it really doesn’t. To catch my next live chat, you can find me on Persicope by searching for Saidah Washington.