At least one of my weekly meals is centered around taco seasoning, but have you ever looked in the cabinet to find your all out of the pre-made stuff? I have and it’s no fun, but good thing I have a backup recipe. I found my self needing some for a taco bar party I was planning and was all out. Instead of running to the store, I looked in my old recipe journal and realized I had all of the ingredients I needed in my pantry to make some from scratch.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
Prep-Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes Serving Size: 2 tablespoons Servings: N/A
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine all of the seasonings and mix well.
2. Store in a airtight container.
Use this taco seasoning as you would store bought. Add 2 tablespoons of powder to every pound of ground meat. Pour in 2/3 cups of water and simmer. To thicken to taco seasoning, stir in 2 tablespoon of flour.