This post is sponsored by “Game Day Favorites” promotion at Publix. The opinions and text are all mine.
My husband was so excited when he saw I had stocked up on game day essentials during this week’s Publix grocery trip. He was thinking about grilling and I was thinking of making some finger foods and the current Publix promotion helped us tick both boxes.
Publix is one of my favorite stores to visit when I am planning our menu for game day. It’s the first grocery store on my way to and from home making the location super convenient. Plus the shelves are either fully stocked or being stocked while I’m shopping, which makes it easy to grab everything I need.
During this trip I picked up a few packs of Carando Meatballs, a tub of Curly’s Pulled Pork, some Nathan’s Famous Beef Franks and Nathan’s Famous Coney Island Dogs. Then I also grabbed some produce to make a refreshing slaw.
To make the meatballs I used Carando Abruzzese Italian Style Meatballs. The fresh pork, cheese and herbed meat used in Carando meatballs, coated in the sweet and spicy barbecue sauce I’ll tell you how to make was the perfect combination.
To the menu I added hotdogs and some spicy tacos using Curly’s Pulled Pork topped with a spicy pineapple slaw.
To make the meat balls I baked them in a 400° oven for 15 minutes on a foil lined baking sheet. Then I flipped them over and let them bake another 15 minutes.
While they baked I started making the spicy Hawaiian barbecue sauce. To make it I blended 1 cup of barbecue sauce, 3 canned pineapple slices, and 1/2 of a Serrano pepper. The photo below is for visual reference and not the ingredient measurements. I just want to reiterate that you only need three ingredients to make the barbecue sauce.
Once the meatballs were cooked through I placed them in a pot and poured the sauce over them. Then I let them simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes while I made the slaw and set up our game day lunch.
By this time my daughter and husband were smelling the delicious aromas coming from the kitchen and were ready to eat. Once everything was done this is what our game day spread looked like.
If you’re looking for a sign to try a new game day recipe, this is it. The “Game Day Favorites” promotion that includes the ingredients I highlighted, plus the ones listed below, is valid at Publix from 9/24-10/7.
- Any 1 Alka-Seltzer Antacid 16–120-ct.
- Any 1 BodyArmor Edge 20-oz
- Buy Any 1 Hidden Valley Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix 8-oz and Get Any 1 Hidden Valley Dressing 12–16-oz FREE
- $3.99 Godshall’s Uncured Turkey Bacon 10-oz
- 2 for $3 Silver Floss Shredded Kraut 1-lb (refrigerated)
- $1 off (shelf price reflects discount) Al Fresco Chicken Sausage (refrigerated) 7–12-oz or Seasoned Ground Chicken 14-oz (frozen) your choice
- $5.99 Grillo’s Pickles Pickle Spears 32-oz or Chips 25-oz your choice
- $3.99 King’s Hawaiian Rolls 12-ct. your choice
- $7.99 King’s Hawaiian Rolls 24-ct. your choice
- 2 for $7 King’s Hawaiian Slider Buns 9-ct. your choice
WITH MFR DIGITAL COUPON Any 1 Cabot Shredded Cheese 8-oz
- $19.79 Monster 12-pk. 16-oz your choice
- $11.99 Just Bare Chicken 24-oz your choice (frozen)
- $15.99 Bubba Burger 32-oz your choice (frozen)
- 3 for $7.50 Red Bull 12-oz can your choice
- $3.99 Mateo’s Gourmet Salsa 16-oz your choice
- 10 for $10 Libby’s Vegetables 14.5–15.25-oz your choice
- 2 for $10 Curly’s Pulled Pork or Chicken 12–16-oz your choice
- $6.99 Nathan’s Famous Coney Island Dogs 16-oz your choice (frozen)
- 2 for $10 Carando Italian Style Sausages 19-oz or Meatballs 16-oz your choice (frozen)
- $3.99 Sonoma Gourmet Organic Pizza Sauce 12-oz
- 2 for $7 Buffalo Wild Wings Sauce 12-oz your choice