My Fall Glow Up Tips for Women of Color is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Olay. The opinions and text are all mine. #Olay28Day
Let me start by asking, “Do you see the glow up your girl has?”. Y’all have always said I had great skin, but in the last 28 days, the health of my skin has gone to a whole new level. A little over a month ago, I started the Olay 28-day challenge and after just a few days I noticed a huge difference in my skin.
Olay 28-days challenge: Day 1 – 7
For 28 days, I stopped using my current cleansers and moisturizers in place of exclusively using the Olay Luminous products and following the 4 step regimen. The picture below is me without makeup at the start of the challenge. By that time I’d been following the regimen for 3 days. Within 3 days I could see and feel a new level of hydration that I’ve never achieved with any other facial lotion. My biggest concern with this challenge was whether or not the lotion would work, because y’all know some ethnic skin care products – while they claim to be the best women of color skin care products, they fall short in the moisturizing department. I’ll just say it. Some lotions leave me ashy and I have to go over it with a natural oil or butter. That’s not the case with Olay Luminous. Following the regimen left me with hydrated skin every single time.
4 Step Olay Luminous Regimen
- Step 1: AM (if needed) and PM cleanse with the Olay Luminous Micellar Water
- Step 2: AM and PM apply Olay Luminous Miracle Boost Concentrate
- Step 3: AM apply Olay Luminous Light Hydrating Lotion
- Step 4: PM apply Olay Luminous Overnight Mask
Olay Luminous Products
The Olay Luminous Micellar Water is a facial cleanser that removes makeup and impurities in one step, without harsh scrubbing or drying out skin. It’s formulated with natural ingredients, like rice bran and aloe extract, to gently sweep away impurities and leave skin feeling refreshed, clean and illuminated from within. With a convenient and mess-free pump, this makeup remover is simple to use, requiring no rinsing afterwards.
- Removes make-up, even mascara, without harsh rubbing or the need to rinse
- Hydrates to instantly refresh for luminous, pearlescent skin
- Leaves skin feeling smooth, conditioned and even textured
- Rice Bran Extract and Aloe Extract soothes and moisturizes skin
- Niacinamide hydrates, renews skin cells and fortifies skin’s natural moisture barrier allowing skin to retain moisture
- Glycerin has moisturizing properties to provide intense hydration
How to Use:
- Open lid and turn pump clockwise to unlock. Press down with cotton pad to dispense product.
- Hold pad over closed eyes for several seconds, then gently wipe to remove eye make-up
- Gently wipe rest of skin surface until completely clean from make-up and impurities
Suggested retail price: $9.49
The Olay Luminous Miracle Boost Concentrate is an advanced tone perfecting, ultra-lightweight formula booster, which is designed for use with a Luminous Moisturizer. The Face Booster blends Olay’s most potent tone-perfecting ingredients ever to fades the look of dark spots and uneven skin tone, and its lightly scented formula has a consistency and feel of a face serum. It uses Pearl-Optics™ Science to enhance skin’s absorbency with hydration.
- Fades the look of dark spots and uneven skin tone
- Enhances skin’s absorbency with hydration
- Each drop immediately renews a million skin cells to instantly bring out radiant skin
How to Use:
- Twist off cap completely
- Push button to dispense product
- Smooth a thin layer evenly over your entire cleansed face and neck
- To refill, press button and release in bottle
- After use, tighten the cap to lock
- Use morning and night before moisturizer
Suggested retail price: $24.99 – $33.99
The Olay Luminous Overnight Mask is for achieving bright, pearlescent and healthy looking skin every morning. It effectively hydrates skin overnight leaving it radiant upon waking up. Unlike a typical, peel-off mask, this gel treatment absorbs into the surface of skin working throughout the night to even tone at the surface cell level.
- Effectively hydrates skin overnight leaving it radiant upon waking up
- Absorbs into the surface of the skin to even tone at the surface cell level
- Niacinamide, known as Vitamin B3, strengthens the skin and improves the moisture barrier to help reverse the appearance of past skin damage
- Mulberry Root Extract helps reduce the appearance of skin discoloration
- Glycerin and Pro-vitamin B5 act as humectants to continuously provide soothing hydration
- Vitamin E boosts skin’s antioxidant power to limit free radical damage at skin’s surface to help protect the moisture barrier
How to Use:
- Apply at night by smoothing evenly over entire cleansed face and allow the product to absorb
Suggested retail price: $25.99
The Olay Luminous Light Hydrating Lotion is a lightweight face moisturizer that hydrates from within for luminous skin in two weeks. It hydrates to plump skin, even skin tone and fade the look of dark spots to illuminate skin. The formula quickly penetrates 10 layers deep into skin’s surface to hydrate and even skin tone, and its unique Hydra-Release Technology releases hydrating droplets upon application to instantly leave skin feeling hydrated. It is a non-greasy, lightly scented, ultra-fast absorbing face lotion.
- Hydrates from within to leave skin glowing with luminosity that lasts
- Penetrates 10 layers deep into the skin’s surface to even skin tone and reduce the look of dark spots.
- Instantly quenches skin by releasing hydrating droplets with every application, leaving skin feeling refreshed and hydrated.
- In just 2 weeks, you’ll notice plump, hydrated and luminous skin.
How to Use:
- Apply evenly to clean face
Suggested retail price: $26.99
Olay 28-days challenge: Day 8 – 14
After following the regimen for two weeks I saw a marked difference. I started the Olay 28 day challenge with fine bumps, uneven skin tone and some dryness. By day 14, my skin was softer, smoother and hydrated. What I love about this line is it starts out with water-based cleanser and then in some way seems to seal in the moisture with the lotion. After following the steps each day, my skin would literally glow y’all. My skin looked so good I didn’t even wear foundation most days of the challenge.
Olay 28-days challenge: Day 15 – 28
By the last week of the challenge I was convinced that Olay had outdone themselves with the Luminous skin care line. As you can see from my final week of the Olay 28 day challenge, my skin was glowing. The uneven skin tone had been reduce, my skin was hydrated and felt fresh. At 40, I am blessed to have relatively great skin thanks to making hydration a key part of my skin care regimen. To see Olay products on the market that address ethnic skin care needs specifically related to keeping my skin hydrated is just amazing.
When I was growing up, my mom used Olay and I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world. I’d stand in the bathroom doorway watching her go through her skin care routine thinking there was miracle beauty cream in her Olay bottle. Watching her massage the Olay cream into her skin made such an impact in the way I think about caring for my skin. After all of these years, Olay is still creating great products to address the needs of ethnic skin. After seeing my final weeks results what do y’all think? Are you going to take the Olay 28 day challenge? If so, share your results, online using the hashtag #Olay28Day.
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.