This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
I’ve had my Cricut Explore Air 2 for a few months now and I am officially a tee-shirt making pro. Today I’m sharing Black History Month inspired graphic tee tutorial featuring a great quote by Malcolm X. You may or may not know that I grew up in a Muslim American home. My parents converted to Islam as young adults and for that reason my home was full of an awareness of my African ancestry.
Growing up I always had an awareness of my race and the contributions Africans have made all over the world. Knowing the deeper history and origins of my race gave me a confidence and awareness that shaped who I am today. During the entire month of February my family will be rocking Black History inspired tees thanks to my Cricut Explore Air 2.
If you have thought about getting an Explore Air 2, hopeful after seeing how easy this tee was to make, you’ll be sold. If you still have questions just ask in the comments and I’ll be happy to answer them.
I feel under qualified even sharing a tutorial because I am still so new to using my Explore Air 2, but do you guys see how amazing this turned out. I still don’t believe I made it. When I tell you the Explore Air 2 creates quality results if you follow the instructions I meant it.
- Explore Air 2
- Cricut EasyPress Mat, 12″ x 12″
- Cricut EasyPress™ 2
- Infusible Ink™ Transfer Sheet Patterns, (the black sheet)
- Butcher paper (comes inside Infusible Ink pack)
- Cricut T-Shirt Blank
- Cardstock (80 lb.), White (colored cardstock not recommended)
- Lint roller
- Design Space® software on mobile device or computer
I created the design for this DIY Graphic Tee in Design Space using this image I found under the “image” icon. You can use the design for free with this link.
1 – Measure the tee-shirt chest area to decide the length and width of the image you want to create. Resize the image to fit your tee-shirt size.
2 – Click on the green “Create” button and make your material selections. Make sure to “mirror” the design for this project.
- Heat Cricut EasyPress™ 2 to 385°.
- Place heating mat under the t-shirt.
- Place card stock inside of the shirt. This is to prevent bleeding onto the mat or the back of the shirt.
- Roll the t-shirt with the lint roller.
- Place butcher paper on top of the tee and warm the shirt for 15 second. Remove butcher paper and let the shirt cool.
- Place the first design face down and cover with butcher paper larger than the EasyPress 2 heat plate.
- Press for 40 seconds. Do not slide the heat plate.
- Slowly remove the press. Try not to lift the butcher paper or design. Let everything cool completely. Once completely cool, remove the butcher paper and design.