We had a day last week when the weather was cool and I wanted to make apple pie for my family. My husband loves apple pie, but the whole pie crust process is more than I want to tackle most days so I often make an apple crisp. On this day, I didn’t even feel like baking an entire apple crisp so I decided to improvise. This is what I came up with.
Easy Baked Apple Crisp
- 5 Golden Delicious Apples, peeled, cut in half and cored
- a 1/2 stick of salted butter softened
- 1/2 a cup of whole rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1. First I peel, half, and core the apples. Next, I create slices through them without cutting all the way through.
2. In a small bowl, I mix my softened butter and my dry ingredients. Once mixed, I place about a tablespoon of the mix on top of each apple and press it down.
3. Finally, I bake my apples in the oven on 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
My daughter loves the crispy topping by it’self so I’m going to experiment with making a crunchy brittle for her.