This recipe for Terriyaki Chicken will be one of the easiest you’ll find online so if you’re a lazy chef like me, you’ll love this.
You’ll only need three ingredients to make it and it’s very freezer friendly.
Shoot, it’s even crock pot friendly if you don’t mind a wetter chicken. If you want to use your crock pot, but don’t want wet chicken, just don’t pour in the marinade.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
1. I combine the soy sauce, ginger and brown sugar in a small bowl and whisk.
2. Then I place all of my chicken in a baking dish skin side up.
3. Next, I pour the soy sauce, ginger and brown sugar mixture over the chicken and allow it to marinate for at least an hour, up to overnight.
4. Once it’s marinated, I bake it in the oven uncovered on 350 degrees for an hour to an hour and a half.
I like to plate my food nicely to make my family fee all special. So one time when I made this dish, I served the Terriyaki Chicken on a square white dish, sprinkled with chopped Kale and some soy sauce on the side.
I don’t know, I could be wrong, but I think the Kale makes it look like something you’d see on the Food Network.
Another time, I used a rectangle white dish, but lined it with large Kale leaves before placing the chicken on the dish.
I like using Kale or Collard leaves under hot foods as a garnish, because they are one of the sturdier leafy vegetables. These are less likely to wilt from the heat.
If you try this recipe and like it, I’d love to know. If you try it and don’t like it, oh well. I don’t know what to tell you.