This super simple Football Inspired Checker Board tutorial and shopping trip has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS. All opinions are mine alone. #CallAnEatible #SkittlesHomegating #CollectiveBias
Today I’ll show you a fun craft I made especially for my daughter who loves Skittles®, but not football. My Football Inspired DIY Checker Board is unique because it’s played with candy. Incorporating candy is a fun way to get non football fans involved at game time.
To create the board I used a few simple crafts items and all of the orange and green colored candies from a bag of Sweets & Sours Skittles.
This project took me about an hour start to finish using the instructions below.
brown felt 9″x12″
paint pen (white)
permanent marker (black)
washi tape (green & white)
paint canvas (8×10)
no-sew velcro dots for fabric
football party confetti
hot glue gun
INSTRUCTIONS: Football Checker Board
1. Cover the short edge (8 inch side) of the canvas with 1 inch of green washi tape per side.
2. Next, mark a dot at every 1 inch interval starting and stopping at the edge of the washi tape not the edge of the canvas. The space between the two washi’s should measure 8 inches so you should have 8 dots. Repeat the process on the next row, an inch below your first row of dots.
3. Now, mark off every other space between four dots, with a “B”. This will help you keep track of which squares to color. Using a black permanent marker, color in all of the boxes marked with a “B”.
4. Next it time to give the board a football theme. Using the white paint pen, make a (yard lines) starting at the edge of the canvas and then one at every inch. Make three shorter lines between each (yard line). Embellish with a little football a pack of party confetti.
INSTRUCTIONS: Game Piece Pouch
1. Cut the piece of felt into two 6″x9″ pieces then fold it three time to create a rectangular pouch and a small flap.
2. Hot glue the seam and apply a velcro dot to the flap.
3. Use white washi tape to create faux football lacing on the pouch. Fill each pouch with a single Skittles flavor.
When it comes to homegating, I love incorporating something new and fun for the entire family. Sometimes I cook a fun dish my husband loves or plan a fun activity.
Taking the classic game of checkers and introducing Skittles into the mix adds a colorful and yummy surprise.
The rules of the game are the same, the only difference is, the winner gets to eat his opponents pieces.Skittles come in an assortment of colors so you could absolutely use the colors of your favorite team to personalize your game board. Look for them at your local Food Lion stores and save your reciept for an entry into the following sweepstakes.
There will be one (1) Grand Prize and Three Hundred and Twenty Five (325)
First Prizes awarded.
GRAND PRIZE Thirteen Prize Packages which include: One (1) Pair of NFL Tickets and One (1)
$500 Prepaid Visa Gift card.