This super simple DIY Binder Pen Loop and shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PilotYourLife #CollectiveBias
I’ve been using my planner for a few months now and while I love it, I hate that there isn’t a place for me to store my pen. With some planners there’s a sewn on pen holder loop, but not with mine. Having to get up and get a pen whenever I want to use my planner is annoying so I created a pen loop hack for my binders and planners without one.
If you follow me on Instagram you’ve caught a glimpse of my favorite everyday pen which is the Pilot G2 Premium in black ink with either a 0.7 or 0.38 tip.
Both write super smooth, have a comfortable rubber grip, and help me achieve crisp lines when I write. Part of the pleasure of working on my planner is how therapeutic it is to get everything in my head out on paper in a neat and organized fashion. Seeing my words, thoughts and ideas neatly sprawled across sheets of paper help me better manage my home, life, and business.
Just recently I took the leap and added color to my planner pages with the G2 Metallics. I bought these at Target and saved using a coupon I got for joining the Target Overachievers Club. To join, I texted G2CLUB to 40679 and they sent me a coupon to kick off my new club membership.
So let me show you how I’ll keep my new pens attached to my binder when I’m not using them.
For this tutorial you’ll need:
- a nice pen I recommend the pretty G2 Target Fashion Collection or G2 Metallics
- elastic ribbon
- hot glue gun & hot glue
Elastic Pen Loop
1. Measure out a strip of elastic ribbon the length of your binder cover times two. So if the front of your binder is 8 inches, cut a strip that’s 16 inches.
2. Now wrap a strip of elastic around the barrel of your pen and cut that length. Repeat this step twice.
3. Take the longest strip of elastic and glue the two ends together making sure to overlap them.
4. Now take the smaller strip of elastic and both end horizontally around the longer strip making a loop.
5. Slide your elastic onto your binder cover and your pen into your loop.
Did you enjoy this planner hack? Do you consider yourself an overachiever, then join the Target G2 Overachievers Club to receive promotions, product news, overachiever life hacks, giveaways and more. Text G2CLUB
to join and they’ll send you a coupon to kick off your new club membership. You can find Pilot G2 pens, in 4 point sizes plus 15 vibrant colors on the office supply aisle
and on a special end cap
Pilot G2 is the #1 Selling gel ink brand in America (source: NPD, 2015) and America’s Go-2 gel ink pen! What’s your favorite Pilot G2 Pen?
Join my exclusive email community and get my updates via email. Not only do you get my post in your inbox, I send out free printables, messages, and videos to my web fam.