Does anyone besides me ever get in a recipe rut? I was there this week and couldn’t think of anything to make for dinner. I was tired of our go-to recipes and had a taste for something different, but didn’t know what. I needed a recipe that would be easy to create, budget friendly and delicious.
I had heard about a Pasta Matchmaker recipe generator on the Mueller’s® site and decided to check it out first. The Pasta Matchmaker claims to have 30 different recipes using various Mueller’s® pasta noodles and I needed one of them A.S.A.P.
I love making pasta dishes, but after 23 years of preparing them, I find myself making the same recipes over and over. I wanted something new and only had a few hours before dinner to come up with a plan. After answering a few questions the Mueller’s® Pasta Matchmaker Quiz returned the perfect pasta dinner inspiration based on my mood, the occasion and who I was cooking for.
Within a minute of taking the quiz, I had a promising new pasta dish to make. It’s a recipe I’d never made before and it was sauce-free which is a change from how I make typically my pasta dishes. I’m going to share the recipe with you, but make sure go here, take the quiz for yourself and find your perfect pasta match.
After seeing my results I was excited about cooking dinner. I did a quick workout at the gym then stopped by Food Lion to pick up the ingredients I needed.
What I love about the results I received is that they met my eating style, my husbands, and my children’s. I love fresh vegetables and flavors, while my husband won’t eat a meal without meat. My kids, on the other hand, love having a starch with dinner because it’s so filling. This dish is the perfect combination of all of our wants. Take a look at how my dish turned out.
Caprese Chicken Penne
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 15 min Serves: 4
- 16 oz. Mueller’s® Penne
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 c. fresh basil leaves, chopped or cut into thin strips
- 10 to 12 ounces cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions: drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and basil, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer for 5 minutes, until chicken is heated through.
- Add cooked pasta and mozzarella cheese to the skillet and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
You can find all of the Mueller’s® pasta on the pasta aisle and ingredients for this recipe at Food Lion.
Before you go, let me also mention this Pasta Matchmaker Challenge where you can put your own spin on a Mueller’s® recipes and submit for a chance to win prizes. The Challenge dates are as follows:
- Challenge #1: January 1 – January 21
- Challenge #2: January 22 – February 4
- Challenge #3: February 5 – February 18
- Challenge #4: February 19 – March 4
- Challenge #5: March 5 – March 18
- Challenge #6: March 19 – April 1