This Better for you Cheeseburger Pizza recipe and shopping has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Mazola® Corn Oil. All opinions are mine alone. #SimpleSwap #CollectiveBias
When it comes to eating light and cooking clean I want to be in the know. I’m the women at the grocery store reading labels and at home watching food documentaries to educate myself on the best choices for my family.
Here’s something new I learned:
A recent study has found that adding Mazola® Corn Oil to one’s diet resulted in lower cholesterol levels than Coconut Oil. A previous study found that corn oil can also help lower cholesterol more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about the study, see Mazola.com.
With this news I challenged myself to make my favorite fast food recipe lighter and better for me to enjoy during the work week. I came up with a spin on pizza, but with better ingredients. As a busy wife, mom and entrepreneur I plan meals that fuel me, are delicious and keep me away from my favorite fast food spots. This recipe is how I turned pizza into a lighter lunch option. I did this by swapping out a few ingredients.
Here’s what I swapped:
- Instead of a pizza crust made from flour, I used a cauliflower based crust.
- Instead of ground beef, I used a lean ground turkey
- Instead of cooking the meat in grease from ground beef, I used Mazola® Corn Oil
I was definitely glad to get rid of the fat from ground meat. Ground meat created a lot of grease which I typically pour off. Even after pouring off the grease, I go the extra step to rinse the ground meat after cooking, but that won’t be necessary with these swaps. Using ground turkey creates little to no grease and saves me the extra work. Instead of creating grease when cooked, ground turkey creates liquid in the pan which prevents it from frying. That’s where the Mazola® Corn Oil comes in handy. A tablespoon or two will allow me to get that nice brown on the ground turkey.
Here’s a few things you should know about Mazola® Corn Oil and why it’s a good swap.
- It’s an all-purpose cooking oil that can be used for baking, grilling, sautéing, stir frying, or mixing up a marinade or dressing.
- It has a neutral taste that won’t negatively impact the taste of your dish.
- It has a smoke point higher than most cooking oils at 450°F and performs well in a variety of cooking applications, including stir-frying, sautéing, grilling and even baking.
- It is made of 100% pure oil with no additives, so the great flavor of your food comes through.
- Mazola® oils are cholesterol free.
- A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, see Mazola.com.
Cauliflower Crust Cheeseburger Pizza
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Italian season
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbs of Mazola® Corn Oil
- First roughly chop the cauliflower into chunks. Next, pulse small batches in a food processor until the cauliflower is fine and crumbly. Transfer it from the food processor into a large bowl.
- Next, I cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and microwave the cauliflower on high for 3 minutes.
- Allow the cauliflower to cool in the fridge while you prep the ground turkey.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat with 1 tbsp of Mazola® Corn Oil. Add the ground turkey and cook until browned.
- Now using a kitchen towel or cheesecloth squeeze as much of the liquid from the cauliflower as you can a bit at a time. Once all of your cauliflower is squeezed as dry as possible, create the cauliflower pizza dough by combining the 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese,1 tablespoon of Italian season,1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon of oregano. Add all of those ingredients to the bowl, and using the one of these, begin mixing everything together.
- Next, using a rubber spatula or your hands, begin pressing and forming the cauliflower mixture to the circumference of a non stick oven safe pan.
- Now it’s time to brown your crust. Pop this in the oven on 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Take it out and add your ground turkey, remaining mozzarella and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Bake until the edges of the pizza browned.
This Better for you Cheeseburger Pizza is inspired by the #1 Selling Heart Healthy Cooking Oil.
PIN FOR LATER