I love a hot beverage on a cold morning and my new favorite is Apple Chai Latte. I love having something hot to wrap my hands around in the morning while I work on my devotional and daily planner.
I make my Apple Chai Latte the easy way, using a chai tea bag. Chai is “a type of Indian tea, made especially by boiling the tea leaves with milk, sugar, and cardamom” and it gives off a deliciously spicy flavor. Sweetener is going to be especially helpful in intensifying the spiciness of Chai tea.
To bring out the sweet flavor, in my Apple Chai tea, I use 8 packets of Sweet’N Low® zero calorie sweetener. That’s enough to provide a hint of sweetness without the extra calories or sugar.
- 6 cups water
- 6 chai tea bags
- 8 packets of Sweet’N Low®
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup of milk
- whipped cream
- Add 4 cups water, tea bags, cinnamon, Sweet’N Low® and apples to a pot.
- Cook on high until water comes to a rolling boil. Continue to boil for 3-5 minutes until water reduces to about 3 cups.
- Pour in remaining 2 cups of water and bring back to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Fill each cup with 5 oz of tea add milk and whipped cream.
I love how smooth, sweet and creamy this tea is. It’s the perfect grown up tasting tea to start the morning.
It’s just what I need during my morning quiet time to prepare for the day. If you love tea like I do, you definitely want to try my low calorie recipe.